First Aid Kit
The club has two first aid kits, one for the A walk and one for the B walk; Never the less, all walkers are encouraged to carry their own first aid Kit especially if
they have any allergies or other special needs.
First aid kits can be purchased online or from many high street outlets, or you can put one together yourself.
The following is a list of items you might like to consider when making up a basic kit for walking.
- Antiseptic wipes for cleaning cuts and grazes
- Assortment of waterproof Plasters for minor cuts and grazes, various sizes
- Dressing pad for larger wounds
- Crepe elasticated bandage for wounds / support
- Triangular bandage for making a sling
- Safety pins for securing bandages
- Tweezers for removing splinters, thorns etc
- Disposable (Latex) gloves
- Moleskin (for blisters)
- Foil blanket to keep someone warm
- Insect repellent
- Sun protection
- Painkillers e.g. Aspirin, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen
- A small tube of antiseptic (TCP) for bites, stings etc
Don’t forget they should be carried in a waterproof container and checked and restocked regularly